Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hidden Things

It is amazing how something so small, like the flu bug, can lay you out.  After wrecking havoc with my young son, the flu bug took its turn with me. Thankfully, the worst is now over and I have plenty of help from my family.

During my covalence, I read a review of an interesting book, Hidden Things by Doyce Testerman and downloaded to my Kindle. Often times I find myself disappointed after reading just a few pages of a book, but not this one. It caught my imagination from the start and has not let go. Hidden Things is a well-written story whose plot is exciting, taking the reader to strange and unique places. The characters are unusual and full of surprises but are still relatable and even humorous. The plot is anything but formulaic. Its part mystery, part science fiction, but all of it is enjoyable.

 Check this book out. It is defiantly worth the read.

No comments: